(Remake of Ham and Spinach Rolls)
This midcentury recipe was positively screaming for a makeover. Originally, this recipe consisted of deli meat stuffed with cottage cheese, cream of celery soup, sour cream, mustard and spinach topped with breadcrumbs and baked. This remake still includes many of the original ingredients, but opts for salty prosciutto instead of ham and parmesan cheese instead of cottage cheese. Piled into a flaky filo cup, this retro-made-modern appetizer will remind many Sustainers of brunches past.
- 2 packages frozen filo cups (24 total)
- Two 10-oz packages frozen spinach, thawed
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 slices prosciutto, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze excess liquid from thawed spinach.
- Add spinach, mustard, sour cream, cream of celery, parmesan cheese and prosciutto to a bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill a piping bag with your spinach mixture. You can make your own piping bag using a gallon Ziploc bag and
- cutting off a corner for much easier clean-up!
- Pipe filling into each filo cup, then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes