The Junior League of Greenville (JLG) has a long and proud history of advocating for critical issues on behalf of women within our community and across the State.
Currently, the JLG Advocacy Committee, in partnership with the JLG Education and Impact Committees, is working to develop a deeper understanding of the barriers facing women regarding economic mobility and human trafficking within Greenville. The committee is working to identify causes, impacts, and potential advocacy efforts related to each area.
Current and future activities of the Advocacy Committee include:
- Researching local and state advocacy needs related to Economic Mobility and Human Trafficking;
- Developing relationships with local and state elected officials to better understand the current legislative process;
- Organizing two community Lunch and Learns to bring new and updated information to Greenville citizens; and
- Coordinating JLG voter registration efforts in local, state, and national elections.
Voter Registration Information and Links:
- Unsure what to bring to vote in-person? Click here!
- Want to check your voter registration status? Click here!
- Need to update your voter registration information? Click here!
- Can’t find your polling place? Click here!
- Want to vote absentee? Click here!
- Additional non-partisan information is listed here and here!
The JLG Advocacy Committee is committed to achieving the following goals in order to better serve the citizens of Greenville County and the people of South Carolina:
- Providing training to JLG members in order for all members to learn how to be an effective advocate in the community;
- Researching and understanding key policy initiatives surrounding economic mobility, human trafficking, and other advocacy efforts; and
- Developing, cultivating and building relationships with elected public officials from the local to the state level.
If you are interested in learning more about the JLG Advocacy Committee or have a question/concern, please contact Allie Safford, Advocacy Chair.